- Membrane Hitec Team House, GST Road, Vandalur, Chennai 600 048, India.
- +91 44 2275 0323, 2275 0324, 6679 9595
Membrane Hitec Profile
Membrane Hitec - First UF Membrane Manufacturer in India
Membrane Hitec is first in India to manufacture Capillary type Ultra-filtration (UF) membranes. Involved in constant extensive research and has developed different types of membranes Applied UF membrane technology, effectively both technically and economically, in various unexplored areas Supplied membranes and membrane systems, apart from India, to U.S., Europe, Australia & South Africa. Developed multi-bore membranes - which have multi-fold advantages Upgrades its technology base, through eminent scientists from Europe, USA and Australia
Membrane Hitec is a division of TITANIUM EQUIPMENT AND ANODE MANUFACTURING COMPANY LTD (TEAM), member
Dr. Rao Holdings Pte Ltd, (DRH), Singapore.. The Member Companies, have diverse business activities for the past four decades.
DRH is a Singapore based Holding Company, registered in Singapore, founded by Late Dr C H Krishnamurthi Rao, an Engineer turned Industrial Entrepreneur, a visionary and most importantly an extraordinary Innovator and Founder Chairman of the Group. DRH, is a technology sourcing, investment and holding Company and Corporate head quarters of other Group Companies. Dr Rao Holdings' Group is committed to integrating its growth path with a significant contribution to clean environment, energy, water and life sciences. Each Company is specialising in its own field. The Group's Corporate Purpose is :
About the Founder Chairman
Dr C H Krishnamurthi Rao, Founder Chairman of the Group, born in Coimbatore, completed his degree in Mechanical Engineering, PSG College of Engineering, Coimbatore, University of Madras. After Engineering, he joined Everest Engineering, Coimbatore, as a Site Engineer. He worked for five years in various places like Coimbatore, Mettur, Tiruchi, Chennai and Mandya.
He moved on to do his Ph.D in Doctorate of Technology Management at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, (BITS) Pilani, at the age of 54. He was also qualified as a P.E from Institution of Engineers (India) and was awarded Fellowship (FNAE) at the Indian National Academy of Engineering.
Dr C H Krishnamurthi Rao - Founder Chairman07.11.1940 - 19.01.2012
Technocrat, Master Innovator and a Visionary. .
An entrepreneur par excellence
Dr Rao, had over four decades of research experience in the areas of energy conservation, environmental protection, water management, life sciences and had steadfastly led the Company for more than four decades. Through his intensive and penchant for world-class performance, the Group has excelled in the global arena, creating reputable inventions that made their mark on the international arena.
The technologies he introduced, though innovative and challenging, were equally risky in terms of investment and corporate image. He had to face stiff resistance along the way from conservative parties who were opposed to newer and untested technologies which they feared would not integrate well into local conditions. The technologies he introduced successfully have turned out to be a "trend-setter".
It is through Dr Rao's far-sightedness, perseverance and quest for innovations that have helped the Group to achieve its current success. He had always maintained a "clean and green" stance - that all his business undertakings are aimed at, for the betterment of environment, energy conservation and the well being of the earth's citizens. Now the Group Companies are member Dr Rao Holdings, Singapore which is the Corporate headquarters.
Many Firsts in India
The Group, established by Dr Rao, has many "firsts" to its credit and received numerous patents and worldwide recognition for the viability of his innovative technologies.
- First to introduce Titanium welding technology
- First to fabricate equipment out of exotic metals - import substitute - saving substantial foreign exchange.
- First to introduce Titanium Metal Anodes for Chlor-alkali industry, to protect environment and save energy.
- First to put up a Sea Water Desalination plant - to convert sea/brackish water to potable water - Demo plant on a pilot scale at Marina Beach in 1988 - became a trend-setter for the Governments to establish many such Desalination Plants
- First to introduce and successfully implement Ion Exchange Membrane Cells for chlor-alkali industry - Green energy and energy efficient - the success paved the way for the Central Government to take a policy decision that future/ expansion chlor-alkali plants shall only adopt this technology.
- First to manufacture capillary type Ultrafiltration membranes - single and multi-bore, and Systems for water treatment - to recycle and reuse waste water and other applications.
Membrane Hitec has established UF membrane manufacturing unit at Chennai, India. This apart, it has facility to produce Team Packaged Drinking Water.
- K Swaminathan – COO
- T. Jayachander GM (Technical)
- R. Siva Subramanian GM (Membrane Production)
- B Govindrajan (Head – Commissioning)
- Dr Dick Koenhen - Netherlands - One of the inventors of UF membrane/Technical guidance
- Gems Jacob Mathew (DGM – Technical & Marketing)